A Ticket to…
In April 2017, we set off on a (very long) honeymoon around the world. This blog is our way of keeping you guys up to date on what we are doing, when we are doing it and how do it.
The planned route:
- Thailand – for a real honeymoon of cocktails, beaches, and relaxation
- Japan – for a real culture shock and the place Pete is most looking forward to
- Hong Kong and Macau – for a night of gambling
- Vietnam – to paddle along Ha Long Bay
- Laos – to see elephants and tribe folk and deep forestry
- Cambodia – Angkor Wat, the winning place to see in Lonely Planet’s Ultimate Travel book, 2015
- Philippines – to snorkel with some turtles (fingers crossed!)
- Malaysia – skyscrapers and futuristic buildings of Kuala Lumpur
- Indonesia -17,000 islands to explore
- Australia – to drive down the East coast and stay for Christmas and New Year
- New Zealand – wildlife, glaciers and volcanoes
- North America – to drive up the East coast and visit NYC
The other bits:
How did we met?
2008, our first year at University of Lincoln in East Anglia, England. I studied Fine Art, Pete studied Photography. We both lived in the same block, Pete lived in the flat above mine. We were friends for a good year and a half, so close in fact that everyone else thought we were an item. They knew it before we did! We got together in January of 2010 and in April 2017, we got married! I cried, a lot!
Where we’ve been so far?
Some of these are weekends away, some are full-on holidays. I love a good list by the way!
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
What to get from this blog:
We just want you to enjoy my writing and Pete’s photographs! We hope that it gives you an insight into how we travel, and hopefully inspires you to do so too! Just buy the ticket and go!
Please do message us and contact us. We strive to make this blog better for you readers.